Q: With so many disinfectants and mold removers on the market, why should I choose your service?
A: The easiest way to answer this question is simply, "not all disinfectants are created equal". When evaluating and comparing disinfectant products, take a close look at their core ingredients. Our solution uses a unique chemical compound called chlorine dioxide. Our revolutionary formula is simply unequaled. Chlorine dioxide has been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to purify drinking water, and most recently to kill MRSA in schools and hospitals. Also consider carefully what kind of chemicals you want around your children, employees, patients, students, and close family members. Most disinfectants and mold removers on the market are extremely toxic, but our special solution gives you peace of mind that you are using an effective product that does not come with alarming safety warnings and precautions.

Q:Is chlorine dioxide (ClO2) some kind of bleach?
A:No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is less caustic, safer and gentler than bleach and many other antiseptics and antimicrobials, plus it remains effective under organic load.

Q:I see that your treatment is used in schools, summer camps and hospitals, but can I also use it at home?
A:Yes. It  is an excellent disinfectant to use around the house. Some benefits of using it at home are  to help with musty basements, or in bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and in the kitchen and heavily used rooms to keep surfaces free from bacteria.

Q:What is the difference between a cleaner and a disinfectant?
A:Cleaners are not registered with the EPA and cannot make public health claims on their label such as killing germs, or having any anti-microbial action.

Q: What is a Hospital  Grade Disinfectant?
A: As part of the Environmental Protection Agency registration process, disinfectant products are put through rigorous testing to prove their efficacy and measure toxicity. The EPA registers three types of disinfectants: Limited, General, and Hospital. All three disinfectants destroy or irreversibly inactivate certain microorganisms on hard, inanimate surfaces, and objects
You can determine a “limited,” “general,” or “hospital” disinfectant by the microorganisms listed on the label.
Limited – must be supported by efficacy testing against either Salmonella cholerasuis or Staphylococcus aureus. Limited disinfectants are found mostly in household use.
General – must be supported by efficacy testing against both Salmonella cholerasuis and Staphylococcus aureus.General disinfectants are used in commercial areas.
Hospital – must be supported by AOAC Use Dilution or AOAC Germicidal Spray efficacy testing against Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella cholerasuis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa hides behind biofilm and is difficult to eliminate. Killing this bacteria is required for “Hospital Disinfectant”.
Also as part of this evaluation process, products are assigned to a toxicity category:  The categories range from category 1 (highly toxic) to category 4 (no exposure warnings required on the label). Our solution received an EPA category 4 rating for all exposure routes with the exception of mild eye irritation.


Q:What does “no rinse required on food contact surface” mean?
A:“No rinse required on food contact surfaces” is a safety rating given by NSF International (previously the National Sanitation Foundation).  The NSF testing guidelines are a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, including the FDA 21.  Our solution is rated “no rise required on food contact surfaces” category D2, meaning it is approved to use in commercial or residential kitchens to control bacteria, viruses and mold without the need to wash/rinse the area with water after it is applied.

HAWKEYE CLEANERS

FAQs